Monday, June 22, 2009

Dinner (June 20th, 2009) - Leftovers

So, I desperately wanted to make dinner on this evening, but we had quite a few leftovers in the fridge that we needed to go through, not to mention the fact that I'm a bit strapped for cash right now, so I decided to just settle for leftovers.

The one thing that I cooked was a lone piece of tuna that we had in the freezer. I thawed the tuna, coated it in a mixture of blond and black sesame seeds and then quickly seared it on both sides. I served it with a soy/sesame dipping sauce.


  • Soy Sauce
  • Toasted Sesame Seed Oil
  • Sambal Olek
  • Rice Vinegar
  • Agave Nectar
Here's what was served (note the stunning plate created by Michael, circa 1988).


Clockwise from top, we have: tofu, seared tuna, corn salad, roasted brocolli, Brussels sprouts, greens salad and chicken breast.

Usually I am big fan of leftovers - I frequently make extra food so I'll have some for later. This meal, however, did little to excite me. The tuna was of sub par quality; it was fibrous and lacking in flavor. The corn salad was good, but there wasn't much of it, and I think the roasted brocolli and tofu were a day or two past their primes. The leftovers from the previous night (the Brussels sprouts and the chicken were good), but all in all this meal was more about utility than enjoyment. Lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment