Friday, July 3, 2009

Dinner (June 28th, 2009) - Pappa's Barbeque

So, I had kind of been craving barbeque for a while, and I really didn't feel like cooking dinner tonight, so we decided to go to the closest most highly-rated barbeque place for takeout - Pappa's Barbeque on 1960 near IH45.

Here's a picture of what I got...



And the text of my review from Yelp...

"I give this place a solid four stars for the money. We got takeout and had 3/4 pounds each of beef ribs and turkey, a pint of cucumber salad and some fixin's from the bar, including pico de gallo and pickled carrots. The bill came to less than $25, although the prices were higher than what I saw on their website.

The turkey was moist and flavorful, as were the beef ribs. The cucumber salad was a little sweet at first, but once you started eating the meat, it served as a perfect foil to the rich sweetness of the ribs and turkey. The real show-stopper for me, though, in terms of the sides, were the pickled carrots. They had a surprisingly complex sweet/sour flavor that lingered in your mouth. The pico was good, but nothing special...it was underseasoned and needed more acidity. The sauce was pretty good, relatively thin, and with a tangy sweet flavor that was accented by a definite meatiness. At first, the meat flavor in the sauce gave it a bit of a Chef Boyardee thing, but it grew on me after a while.

This wasn't a special meal, but for the price and convenience factor, I'd definitely go back. Looking forward to trying their pulled pork..."

So yeah...will more than likely be going back to this place. Follow me on Yelp for more reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment