Friday, July 3, 2009

Dinner (June 30th, 2009)

I found these salmon burgers that they sell at my store, and I am absolutely in love with them. They are $5.99 for four, plus I get a 20% discount...so that's less than $1.25 a burger. It's a real deal...especially considering how delicious they are. I decided to have these burgers for dinner tonight, and I chose to pair them with some pasta, a little coleslaw that I picked up at work from the prepared foods department, and my requisite green salad.

I started out by making the pasta...


I sauteed some shallots in olive oil and butter while I boiled the water for the pasta and got the rest of the ingredients together.


In addition to the garlic and parsley you see pictured, I also added a little white wine, capers, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and some of the oil left over from the giardiniera I used on my panini. I tossed the boiled pasta with the garlic, shallot, caper, olive oil and butter mixture, then added the freshly chopped parsley, giardiniera and cheese.


I served this meal with my new favorite beer, Bombshell Blonde from Southern Star Brewing. It's rich and malty, but also refreshing, so it's a perfect food beer for summertime in Texas.

The meal was good. The raw red onion in the coleslaw was sliced a little too thick, but I loved that it wasn't overdressed or soggy. The pasta wasn't as flavorful as I would have hoped or as I would have expected, for that matter, considering all the highly flavorful ingredients that went into it (capers, parm, giardiniera oil, etc)...we still ate it all, though, so it wasn't THAT bad. All in all it was a quick, tasty, inexpensive meal.

Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment